The ONA22 Program Team is a diverse group of digital journalism professionals who volunteer to help shape programming for the annual conference. Each year we receive hundreds of session pitches and speaker ideas through our Suggestion Box process. The program team reviews each and every idea and informs the learning experience at the conference.
Among other roles, program team volunteers:
- Help define the topic areas and educational structures for the conference
- Review every submission to the public ONA22 Suggestion Box and elevate must-have sessions
- Contribute research and outreach to ensure a high-quality and inclusive slate of presenters and session formats.
The ONA22 Program Team includes:
- Amber Hinsley, Researcher and Assistant Professor of Journalism, Texas State University
- Ashley Alvarado, VP of Community Engagement and Strategic Initiatives, Southern California Public Radio, and ONA board member.
- Christian Skotte, Director of Innovation and Growth, Grist
- Dan Newman, Design Lead, Google News
- Emma Löfgren, Editor, The Local Sweden
- Hady Mawajdeh, Podcast Producer, Today Explained, Vox
- Kristine Lois Villanueva, Project Editor, Resolve Philly’s Equally Informed
- Lance Dixon, Audience Engagement Producer, The 19th*
- Noelle Silver, Partner, AI & Analytics, IBM
- Phyllis Fletcher, Editor, Truth Be Told
- Rekha Tenjarla, Senior Creative Technologist, The Washington Post
- Sandra M. Stevenson, Associate Director of Photography, CNN
- Sara Konrad Baranowski, Editor, Iowa Falls Times Citizen
- Tyler Chance, VP Product, Hearst Magazines
If you experience a “Aha!” moment during a session at ONA22 or meet an inspiring speaker who challenges your thinking, chances are high that this group had a say in creating that experience!