- July 27, 2022: added a link to our FAQ page where more detailed information about COVID-19 protocols can be found
- Aug. 24, 2022: updated information on captioning and transcripts, as well as updated the Code of Conduct email
- Sept. 8, 2022: added information clarifying captioning for virtual participants, and to update the services providing the video captioning; added information about the Caregivers/Nursing Room
- Sept. 14, 2022: added clarifying information about elevator and escalator access between floors at the Westin hosting ONA22 programming
What to expect from ONA22
- Most presentations will be given in English.
- We require participants to adhere to our Code of Conduct. To report a problem, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. For transparency, this email forwards to:
- Chief Knowledge Officer Trevor Knoblich; and
- Director of Programs Meghan Murphy
- Privacy is important for many members of our community. We ask anyone taking screenshots or photographs to be mindful of others and ask permission whenever possible.
Recordings, transcripts and captioning
- Livestream sessions, which are marked with a screen icon on the schedule page, will use an AI-generated captioning system from our learning partner, Big Marker; please note you will need to use a web browser to see the captioning, rather than streaming the session through the conference app
- On-demand viewing after a session ends will use Vimeo’s automated closed captioning tool. You can learn more about Vimeo’s automated closed caption tool here. Videos will be available on demand after the session ends; please allow up to a few hours for this to be posted.
- Sessions marked with an audio icon will have an on-demand audio archive posted after ONA22 ends.
- Transcripts in English for all sessions that are audio or video recorded (marked with a screen or audio icon on our schedule page) will be run through Otter.ai’s auto-caption service and posted after ONA22 ends.
- Automated captioning and transcript services are reasonably accurate, but often miss names and other proper nouns. If you need a transcript or caption “cleaned up” for clarity, please let us know! You can reach us at email@example.com. We will do our best to turn that around in 48 business hours.
On site at the Westin Bonaventure
- Access between hotel floors (view maps):
- The hotel is organized by four towers, labeled by color and shape: Yellow ♢, Green ☐, Red ⃝, Blue △. Each of the towers has a bank of three elevators. The tower elevators do not go to the 2nd and 4th floors of the hotel, both of which host programming and events, and also do not go to the parking garage (below ground). The tower elevators do access the lobby level and 3rd floor.
- There are two ADA elevators. The ADA elevator that is close to the Yellow ♢ staircase accesses the parking garage (below ground), lobby level, and 2nd floor (where access is outside on Figueroa St.). The ADA elevator that is near the Green ☐ staircase accesses the lobby level, and 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.
- Please note that all of the elevators can sometimes be far from session rooms and event spaces, so allow extra time for travel.
- There is an escalator located between the Yellow ♢ and Green ☐ staircases that accesses the parking garage (below ground), lobby level, and 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.
- Lighting is not as bright in some areas, such as some of the hallways accessing the elevators.
- All official ONA events are held on property, including our Welcome Reception, which will be on the 4th floor Pool Deck. Please note partner organizations may host off-site events at venues of varying proximities to the host hotel.
- For details about hotel amenities and rooms, please visit the Westin Bonaventure website or call 213.624.1000 to speak to their team.
- For information on ONA-implemented COVID protocols and procedures, please visit our FAQ page.
- The Caregivers/Nursing Room is located on the Lobby Level to the left of the Yellow ♢ staircase, towards the ONA22 meeting rooms on the same floor. ONA22 attendees need to request a key from the Westin’s registration desk for access. This space is available to anyone who needs a private place to pump or breastfeed. ONA will stock it with water, a refrigerator and snacks. View map.