The Start-Up Alley is part of the ONA22 Midway, a futures lab for tomorrow’s journalism, bringing together the best thinking in the media technology, tools and workforce space.
Your start-up exists because you wanted to disrupt the ecosystem. That’s why ONA is interested in introducing you to our global community of digital journalists. We are looking for innovative tools that can help elevate the online media space. We want people confident in what they have created and excited to demonstrate it in interactive ways.
ONA defines start-ups as ventures that have not been operating for more than 24 months and we offer those groups a deeply discounted rate to support participation at our annual conference. Start-ups are allowed to participate in the Start-Up Alley a maximum of two times.
Please note that the application period to join the ONA22 Start-Up Alley has closed.
What to Know
Any group applying for the Start-Up Alley may also simultaneously apply to participate in Midway Programming at ONA22. (Consideration for Midway Programming will be contingent on acceptance into the Start-Up Alley.)
The Start-Up Alley will be promoted as an official part of ONA22. ONA will work with accepted groups to create a short video (up to 5 minutes) about the start-up that will be featured in the official ONA22 blog post introducing the Start-Up Alley, which will be promoted in the conference newsletter and on official ONA22 social media. Videos must be completed by Aug. 17.
A brief application was required; the deadline was Thursday, June 9, 2022.
Accepted groups will receive a virtual exhibit space, one full conference pass with a one-year ONA membership and one virtual conference pass. The value of the membership and passes alone far exceed the cost to participate!
Note: Start-Up Alley participants will not have in-person booth space onsite at the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles.
If selected for the Start-Up Alley, the sponsorship cost is $400. The package includes:
- One full ONA22 conference pass, with one-year ONA membership
- One virtual-only ONA22 conference pass
- ONA22 virtual booth space for promotion, access to networking with ONA22 attendees (both in-person and online) and meeting scheduling
- ONA will work with accepted groups to create a short video (up to 5 minutes) about the start-up for promotional use by both ONA and start-up
- Opportunity to pitch for Midway programming
- Official recognition as an ONA22 Start-Up Alley participant and promotion as part of ONA22 Midway
- Listing in ONA’s Industry Directory (one year)
- Name listed in conference email newsletters